How to Create the Ulitimate Man Shed
It's the perfect place to escape the daily grind. A place to drink beer and watch sport, tinker with your projects, or set the world to rights with your buddies – your man cave.
Recent research shows that men spend an average of 24 days per year in their man cave and whether it takes the form of a shed (11%), garage (17%) or a spare room (50%), the modern man cave is without doubt the dream of every Aussie male.
But ‘man caves’ aren’t just good for men, they're also saving relationships! Psychologist Anjula Mutanda says, ‘It’s important for men to have a space where they can be alone and uninterrupted, tinker with their collections and indulge in hobbies.’
But don’t just take the professional’s word for it - eight in 10 men also say their relationships are better for having a space to call their own – and six in ten women agree with them!
So if a man cave is good for you and your relationship – what are you waiting for? It's time to plan your ultimate man space now!
Here's the Spanbilt guide to creating your own ultimate man cave, with all the creature comforts and mod cons you can imagine. Cause sometimes, a guy's just got to hibernate!
The Ultimate Man Cave Checklist
With the huge range of affordable pre-fab workshops and garages on the market these days, there's nothing stopping you from carving out a little space to embrace your manliness.
Ranging in size from the mega (i.e. able to fit a pool table and lounge setting) to the modest (i.e. single garage size - big enough for a TV and comfy recliner), there's a man cave to suit all needs and hobbies.
Once you have your shed or new garage built and ready to be kitted out, here are our top 10 man cave 'must haves':
- Flat Screen TV; This goes without saying. It can’t really a man cave without a TV?
- Gaming Systems; From pinball, to old school Donkey Kong and modern consoles with games like Call of Duty, every man cave needs a range of games to help you let off steam at the end of a long day.
- Multiple Computer Monitors; Single screens are for student desktops – not hard core man caves! Get multiple monitors lined up and you’ll be in gaming and YouTube browsing heaven.
- Garage Band Setup; Thanks to modern technology, you don’t need to spend years learning how to shred like Slash to play in your own band. Instead, just fire up your gaming console, whack on Guitar Hero or Rock Band and ensure you leave plenty of floor space for some enthusiastic head banging. Man caves have never sounded so sweet.
- Grade “A” Sound System; An essential for all your Guitar Hero-ing, YouTubing and sports watching!
- Bar; If you’re going for a cosy space like a single colourbond steel garage, a mini fridge should suit you just fine. But if cold storage for just a six pack isn’t enough, why not go the whole hog and create your own fully stocked bar! (In which case, you might want to check out a double garage instead)
- Movie Posters; Who doesn't love quoting their favourite Die Hard lines? Get the poster to add some extra authenticity to those Bruce Willis outbursts.
- Sports Team Memorabilia; Show your team spirit and give all your sporting treasures the proper home they deserve.
- Massaging Recliner; When you’re enjoying some solo man cave time, a massaging lazy boy is the perfect place to ease away the stresses of the day.
- Large, Comfy Couch; Once your friends hear about your new man cave, you can guarantee they’ll arrive wanting a piece of the action. A good comfy couch to spread out on, is sure to keep all your guests comfortable too.
Get cracking on your man cave!
Now you've got your checklist and know of a one stop shop for man caves large and small, there's nothing stopping you from creating your own personal hibernation zone today.
Start searching for a man cave to suit your needs now at www.spanbilt.com.au